Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
A piquant recipe for those who like beets. Not much work at all to prepare.
- 1⁄2 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 tablespoon tarragon vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 12 small beets, cooked and coarsely grated
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- Heat vinegars and combine with salt, pepper and sugar and 1 Tbs oil; add to beets and toss.
- Heat remaining oil in a saucepan; stir in flour and lemon juice.
- Stir in beet mixture.
- Add sour cream, blend well and heat, stirring, until sauce thickens a bit.
Creamy, Tangy, Sweet and Crunchy. I cooked 4 large beets in the micro wave oven for 5 minutes. They were still firm. Julienned them. Used fresh tarragon added to the vinegar, 1 tablespoon oil and 1/3 cup sour cream. These are very good and healthy!