Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
To be cooked in/ served with the Conti Family Meat Sauce. Cooking time is really a guess. From the back of the book: "Last Bite - A novel of Culinary Romance" By Nancy Verde Barr, Julia Childs' executive chef.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 1⁄4 cup parmigiano-reggiano cheese, freshly grated
- 1⁄2 cup dark raisin (optional)
- Mix all the ingredients together and blend well.
- With wet hands, rolly the mixture into balls about 1 1/2 inches in diameter.
- Drop the balls into the simmering meat sauce.