Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
This was my winning entry in the Annual Power Facts Recipe Contest sponsored by Alabama Power. I think it was in 2003.
- 2 (411.06 g) box macaroni and cheese mix
- 453.59 g ground beef
- 99.22 g package pepperoni
- 709.77 ml mozzarella cheese, divided
- 2 (793.78 g) jar pizza sauce
- Prepare macaroni and cheese according to package directions.
- Brown ground beef and drain.
- Mix together the prepared macaroni and cheese, ground beef, 2 cups of mozzarella cheese, 2 jars pizza quick sauce and pepperoni, saving some pepperoni for garnish.
- Pour mixture into a 9 x 13 pan.
- Top with remaining cheese and pepperoni.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
I made this the first time for a potluck and it went so quickly that I didn't even get to taste it. So, I decided to hold off on my review until I could make it again for myself. I must say that I was pleased with the dish. While it's not the best pizza hotdish I've ever tried, it is quite good, and a little different than others I've had. It makes a lot, and I'll probably make it again.
Excellent! I did change a cpl things to use what I had on hand. Instead of pepperoni I used beef summer sausage cut up, one can of rotel and one can of tomato soup. I would make again for sure. Husband loved it because it had noodles.
Delicious! Delicious! Delicious! Made this tonight was running late and needed something quick so . . . I skipped the last step of garnishing and baking but holy oh my to die for! It was absolutely perfect! Thanks for the amazing recipe!