Recipe by mailbelle
This was my winning entry in the Annual Power Facts Recipe Contest sponsored by Alabama Power. I think it was in 2003.
Top Review by choco chip
I made this the first time for a potluck and it went so quickly that I didn't even get to taste it. So, I decided to hold off on my review until I could make it again for myself. I must say that I was pleased with the dish. While it's not the best pizza hotdish I've ever tried, it is quite good, and a little different than others I've had. It makes a lot, and I'll probably make it again.
- 2 (7 1/4 ounce) boxes macaroni and cheese mix
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package pepperoni
- 3 cups mozzarella cheese, divided
- 2 (14 ounce) jars pizza sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare macaroni and cheese according to package directions.
- Brown ground beef and drain.
- Mix together the prepared macaroni and cheese, ground beef, 2 cups of mozzarella cheese, 2 jars pizza quick sauce and pepperoni, saving some pepperoni for garnish.
- Pour mixture into a 9 x 13 pan.
- Top with remaining cheese and pepperoni.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.