Recipe by Sharon123
When tomatoes are ripe in the summer, this is the simplest and most delicious salad to make. It only has a few ingredients, so choose luscious ripe tomatoes and a good Roquefort cheese. Adapted from Barefoot Contessa at Home cookbook.
Top Review by COOKGIRl
This is about as good as it gets! Heirloom toms, homemade bleu cheese dressing, homemade mayo, fresh parsley from the garden! I replaced some of the whipping cream in the dressing with Bulgarian buttermilk and served the tomatoes over a bed of lettuce since this was our main course. I used Oregon's Rogue Creamery bleu cheese to make this dish extra extra special! I can only imagine what this would taste like with fresh basil! Thanks for posting!
- 3 lbs heirloom tomatoes, mixed colors and sizes
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 lb Roquefort cheese, divided
- 1 cup good mayonnaise
- 1⁄3 cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons tarragon vinegar
- 2 tablespoons. chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Core the tomatoes and cut the large ones into thick slices, halve or quarter the small ones. Arrange to look pretty on a platter and sprinkle liberally with salt and pepper.
- To make dressing:.
- Place half the Roquefort cheese, maoynnaise, cream, vinegar, 1 teaspoons salt and 1/2 teaspoons pepper in the bowl of a food processor: process until combined but still chunky.
- Drizzle the dressing over the tomatoes. Crumble the remaining Roquefort cheese over the tomatoes. Sprinkle with the parsley and serve at room temperature. Enjoy!