Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
When tomatoes are ripe in the summer, this is the simplest and most delicious salad to make. It only has a few ingredients, so choose luscious ripe tomatoes and a good Roquefort cheese. Adapted from Barefoot Contessa at Home cookbook.
- 3 lbs heirloom tomatoes, mixed colors and sizes
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 lb Roquefort cheese, divided
- 1 cup good mayonnaise
- 1⁄3 cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons tarragon vinegar
- 2 tablespoons. chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- Core the tomatoes and cut the large ones into thick slices, halve or quarter the small ones. Arrange to look pretty on a platter and sprinkle liberally with salt and pepper.
- To make dressing:.
- Place half the Roquefort cheese, maoynnaise, cream, vinegar, 1 teaspoons salt and 1/2 teaspoons pepper in the bowl of a food processor: process until combined but still chunky.
- Drizzle the dressing over the tomatoes. Crumble the remaining Roquefort cheese over the tomatoes. Sprinkle with the parsley and serve at room temperature. Enjoy!
This is about as good as it gets! Heirloom toms, homemade bleu cheese dressing, homemade mayo, fresh parsley from the garden! I replaced some of the whipping cream in the dressing with Bulgarian buttermilk and served the tomatoes over a bed of lettuce since this was our main course. I used Oregon's Rogue Creamery bleu cheese to make this dish extra extra special! I can only imagine what this would taste like with fresh basil! Thanks for posting!
I love heirloom tomatoes! The creamy dressing and fresh parsley made them even more irresistable. I made this with ff half and half instead of the heavy cream and still got a thick, rich dressing. Thanx for sharing this!
how can a matter get any more simple than this? Made with fresh ground NC matters. my homemade tarragon vinegar and dukes mayo. DH and I are traveling in Nc and discovered Dukes mayo is the only way to go. Delish. Made for 123 tag.