Prep 1 hr
Cook 20 mins
Remember doing this salad as a beginner in the kitchen and this is the idea for a salad that is a whole meal. It's curried alright, but I think it is a good one.
- 200 g potatoes (boiled and cubed)
- 100 g green beans (blanched)
- 100 g red peppers (roasted)
- 200 g tuna fish (fresh)
- 100 g black olives (pitted)
- 100 g yellow peppers (roasted)
- 100 g green peppers (roasted)
- 200 g green beans (blanched)
- 6 eggs (boiled, sliced)
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1⁄2 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 bunches cilantro
- 60 g walnuts (toasted)
- 20 g parmesan cheese (grated)
- 2 red chilies (finely chopped)
- 10 ml tamarind paste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cracked peppercorn
- 1⁄4 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin powder
- 2 lemons, juice of
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil (washed and soaked in cold water)
- Marinate fillet of tuna in lemon juice, salt, turmeric, chili powder, coriander powder, cracked pepper corns and cumin powder.
- Grind together in a mixer cilantro, walnuts, chilies and olive oil to make a pesto.
- Mix potatoes with pesto and set aside.
- Mix blanched green beans with honey, sesame oil and sesame seeds; set aside.
- Peel roasted peppers and cut into strips; marinade with balsamic vinegar, salt and sugar.
- In a hot pan heat 1 tbsp of oil and sear season tuna on all sides leaving the center cold and rare.
- On a plate place the potato salad in the center; arrange green beans and peppers on top.
- Slice the tuna thinly and arrange on top of the vegetables.
- Allow 4 slices per person.
- Top with sliced boiled eggs and throw olives around the salad.
- It is good looking and makes a good impression on the guests.