Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs 5 mins
This is a "quick" tasty recipe for duck. If you enjoy duck, you might want to give this recipe a try as an alternative to your favorite recipe. Recipe can be "halved," use 1 duck and cut onion soup mix by 1/2, I perfer to use the same amount of wine, instead of cutting the amount in half. Posted in reply to a message board request for duck recipes.
- Place duckling quarters on rack in shallow roasting pan.
- Roast at 425°F for about 30 minutes, or until browned.
- Remove from oven; remove ducks and rack.
- Drain fat from bottom of pan.
- Place duck quarters skin side up in pan.
- Sprinkle onion soup mix evenly over ducklings and baste with wine.
- Cover pan tightly with heavy foil; and bake at 325°F for 1 hour 15 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake for an additional 20 minutes.
I didn't have rose wine, so I used a cheap red wine. I also used 2 small packages of soup mix and a bloop of soy sauce. Ok fine so the recipe is entirely differently now. But the idea is the same and BOY BOY BOY BOY was it good!!!!!! WOW! I have NEVER had duck this good before! This was a congratulatory dinner for my hubby for finishing grad school. Thanks, Dee, for making it such a special treat for him!