2 hrs 15 mins
2 hrs 5 mins
This is a "quick" tasty recipe for duck. If you enjoy duck, you might want to give this recipe a try as an alternative to your favorite recipe. Recipe can be "halved," use 1 duck and cut onion soup mix by 1/2, I perfer to use the same amount of wine, instead of cutting the amount in half. Posted in reply to a message board request for duck recipes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place duckling quarters on rack in shallow roasting pan.
- 2Roast at 425°F for about 30 minutes, or until browned.
- 3Remove from oven; remove ducks and rack.
- 4Drain fat from bottom of pan.
- 5Place duck quarters skin side up in pan.
- 6Sprinkle onion soup mix evenly over ducklings and baste with wine.
- 7Cover pan tightly with heavy foil; and bake at 325°F for 1 hour 15 minutes.
- 8Remove foil and bake for an additional 20 minutes.
Browse Our Top Whole Duck Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Contemporary Duck
Serving Size: 1 (572 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1171.5
- Calories from Fat 556
- Total Fat 61.8 g
- Saturated Fat 16.6 g
- Cholesterol 772.0 mg
- Sodium 868.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 139.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: