Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I was looking for Starbucks copycat recipes and came across this one on gourmetsleuth.com I've never seen this at any Starbucks but I can't wait to try it at home.
- 2⁄3 cup ground dark roast coffee
- 4 cinnamon sticks, crushed or broken into small pieces
- 6 cups water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 2⁄3 cup honey
- ice cube
- half-and-half or milk
- Mix together the coffee and cinnamon sticks.
- Using the coffee-cinnamon mixture and the water, brew coffee by your customary brewing method.
- Add the cardamom and honey to the hot coffee and stir until the honey dissolves.
- Cover and chill.
- To serve, fill tall glasses with ice cubes.
- Pour about 2/3 cup chilled coffee into each glass.
- Pass the half-and-half or milk.
Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful recipe Napoleaon Dynamite. I loved it. The flavor was outstanding. The honey really makes the cardamom and cinnamon shine in this lovely iced coffee. I drank the entire batch over three days, it tasted just as great on the third day as the first. I will be enjoying this quick and easy to make treat often. Made for Name that Ingredient Tag game 2014.
I loved this without the ice as it -17 here today, lol. It's wonderful hot, full of great flavor. Holding the cup in cold hands enjoying the lovely aroma and then sipping is a true pleasure.
I actually served this hot as it is still cold in NC. I thouroughly enjoyed it. Served with soy milk. Made for PAC event Spring 2013.