1/1 Photo of Constant Comment Extra Special Tea
Mom's favorite tea flavor was Bigelow's 'Constant Comment'. Mom told me numerous occasions that neither she, or Grandma or Great Grandmother flavored their tea with lemon slices rather orange slices. (Lemon slices with tea was only when one was ill!) With inspiration from this tea recipe Moroccan Tea, I added my own little twist to the final product and used an extra special teapot to serve the tea (photo coming soon!). I'm sure it would taste equally good iced. Rest in Peace, Dear Mom. This is for you.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 -2 constant comment tea bag (or equivalent amount of loose tea)
- 1 sprig fresh lavender
- 1/2 teaspoon rose water, to taste
- milk (rich or richer or richest) or half-and-half (rich or richer or richest) or heavy cream (rich or richer or richest)
- sugar, to taste (your choice honey, raw sugar, brown sugar, etc.)
- whole mint leaves or whole lemon verbena leaf
- lavender flowers
- orange slice (small, thinly cut slices)
- 1Boil water for tea. Place the tea bags (or loose tea in a tea strainer) and sprig of lavender in the teapot and pour in water.
- 2Brew for about 5 minutes then stir in the rose water.
- 3Pass the cream, the sugar bowl and a plate of orange slices around to flavor the tea.
- 4If desired, float a few mint leaves, lemon verbena leaves or lavender blooms in each teacup.
- 5Servings are estimated.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Constant Comment Extra Special Tea
Serving Size: 1 (0 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 0.0
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: