Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
An light, elegant summertime starter from the Creole chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947. Chilling time not included in preparation time.
- 2 tablespoons gelatin
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 3 cups beef consomme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons sherry wine
- parsley, minced
- lemon wedges, minced (for garnish) or tomatoes, wedges sprinkled with
- green bell pepper, minced (for garnish)
- Soften gelatin in water.
- Heat consomme and add softened gelatin.
- Add lemon juice and wine.
- Cut lightly before filling chilled glasses or cups.
- Garnish with minced parsley a lemon crescent or tomato with minced green pepper.