Recipe by Divaconviva
My friend Connie has been making these for years at Christmastime. I always wished I could make cookies this delicious, so I finally asked her for the recipe (DUH!!), and now I know that these are as easy to make as they are delicious!
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 egg yolk, beaten
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Put flour and sugar into mixing bowl.
- Cut butter into dry ingredients. I use a pastry cutter.
- Beat egg yolk with 1/2 tsp vanilla extract.
- Pour into flour/butter mixture, whisking with fork.
- Press into 8" square pan forming a slight rim. Bake at 325 for 30-35 minutes.
- Heat butter and milk together.
- Add sugar, honey, almonds, stirring to coat evenly.
- Spread over warm pastry. Bake 20-30 minutes, or until lightly brown. Cool for 10 minutes and then cut into squares. Do not let it cool completely, or cutting will become difficult!