1/4 Photos of Conquistador Quiche
1 hr 15 mins
Karen From Colorado's Note:
Spicy Mexican quiche. This is the recipe that I first came to Recipezaar to find. I requested the recipe, but no one could help me, so I made it up from memory in order to take it to a dinner party my friend was having. Sometime later, after my cookbooks were out of storage, I was able to locate the original recipe. This is pretty darn close.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 cup milk (I like cream, makes it richer) or 3/4 cup cream (I like cream, makes it richer)
- 1 lb Italian sausage or 1 lb chorizo sausage
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- deep dish pie shell
- sour cream
- shredded lettuce
- tomato, cut into wedges
- 1Poke holes in the crust with a fork and pre-bake 10 minutes.
- 2Fry the sausage with the onion and spices until the onion is tender.
- 3Layer meat, green chilies and cheese into crust.
- 4Mix eggs and milk/cream together in a bowl with a bit of salt.
- 5Pour over meat mixture in the crust.
- 6Bake at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes or until a knife in the middle comes out clean. (Cover the crust edges with foil if it is browning too dark).
- 7Cut into wedges and top with lettuce, sour cream and a tomato wedge.
- 8Serve with salsa if desired.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Conquistador Quiche
Serving Size: 1 (156 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 381.9
- Calories from Fat 254
- Total Fat 28.2 g
- Saturated Fat 11.0 g
- Cholesterol 181.2 mg
- Sodium 1043.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 22.6 g