Recipe by Morgan E
Nice light breakfast waffles. Add anything to 'em and cook them on a regular or belgian iron. The yield varies depending on what type of iron you use. This is my mother's recipe and therefore the best.
- 2 extra-large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1 3⁄4 cups self-rising flour (mom prefers White Lily)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray or brush a 4-section waffle iron with oil and pre-heat while mixing up waffles.
- Separate egg whites from yolks and beat whites until stiff but not dry. Set aside.
- In another bowl, beat yolks on high until smooth and lemony in color. Turn mixer to slow speed and add milk and oil slowly. Mix just until blended.
- Add flour and sugar; mix on low just until blended.
- Fold in whipped egg whites.
- Pour 1-1 1/3 cups of batter onto preheated waffle iron, close lid, and cook until golden and crispy.
- ENJOY with syrup, fruit adn whipped cream, or peanut butter and jam!