Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This is a copy of a house sauce in one of the many restaurants she cooked in. We always made it using a full quart of Mayo, but, I scaled this one down for smaller families. It keeps well in the fridge for several weeks. My kids used it for fish, dipping fries and hushpuppies. Besides, making it by the quart, she automatically had a container to store it in.
- 3 tablespoons dill pickle relish
- 2 teaspoons sweet pickle relish
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 4 -5 drops lemon juice
- Mix all ingredients together in large bowl.
- Stir well to blend.
- Place in storage container, and chill for at least 3 hours to blend flavors. Chill time would be the cooking time.
I was looking for a recipe for tartar sauce that was simple and was made with ingredients I had on hand. This was it and we loved it!