Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Great to serve at Halloween or in the winter when it is cold outside and you want to warm up! Connie's recipe from family collection.
- 118.29 ml firmly packed brown sugar
- 4.92 ml whole allspice
- 4.92 ml whole cloves
- 5 cinnamon sticks
- 0.25 ml ground nutmeg
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1892.0 ml apple cider
- 6 orange wedges (rind on)
- Combine sugar, spices and apple cider in large saucepan or you can microwave as well until sugar is dissolved.
- If you use the stovetop instead of the microwave, slowly bring to a boil. Stir to dissolve sugar. Cover, reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes. Remove spices (cloves, cinnamon sticks).
- Serve in warmed mugs with a clove-studded orange wedge.
- Note: When serving lots of people, I double this recipe. I then put it in a 40-cup coffee maker to serve it, since it keeps it warm and easy to serve.