Recipe by Brooke's Kitchen
Great to serve at Halloween or in the winter when it is cold outside and you want to warm up! Connie's recipe from family collection.
- 118.29 ml firmly packed brown sugar
- 4.92 ml whole allspice
- 4.92 ml whole cloves
- 5 cinnamon sticks
- 0.25 ml ground nutmeg
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1892.0 ml apple cider
- 6 orange wedges (rind on)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine sugar, spices and apple cider in large saucepan or you can microwave as well until sugar is dissolved.
- If you use the stovetop instead of the microwave, slowly bring to a boil. Stir to dissolve sugar. Cover, reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes. Remove spices (cloves, cinnamon sticks).
- Serve in warmed mugs with a clove-studded orange wedge.
- Note: When serving lots of people, I double this recipe. I then put it in a 40-cup coffee maker to serve it, since it keeps it warm and easy to serve.