This is a recipe that I put together out of necessity when I needed to serve a large family get together and it has become a family favorite. There are a lot of Italian Casserole recipes out there, but this is my version.
- 2 lbs ground turkey
- 1 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1 cup chopped bell pepper
- 2 (32 ounce) jarsragu garden vegetable spaghetti sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 16 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese (low-fat)
- 24 ounces sour cream (non-fat)
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 (8 ounce) canscrescent dinner rolls
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- Pre-heat oven to 275 degrees.
- Brown beef, onion, bell pepper in olive oil, drain.
- Stir in spaghetti sauce and sugar, heat till bubbly.
- Combine Mozzarella cheese and sour cream, separately from sauce mixture.
- Pour sauce mixture into two ungreased 8x12 baking dishes.
- Spoon cheese-sour cream mixture over sauce mixture.
- Separate crescent roll dough into rectangles and lay out over cheese-sour cream mixture making sure to cover it completely.
- Brush melted butter over dough and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 375 degrees 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- This recipe makes enough for at least 24 people. If you don’t need this much you may cut the recipe in half or freeze the leftovers. It is perfect to take to covered dish get togethers.