1/1 Photo of Connie's Italian Casserole
This is a recipe that I put together out of necessity when I needed to serve a large family get together and it has become a family favorite. There are a lot of Italian Casserole recipes out there, but this is my version.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs ground turkey
- 1 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1 cup chopped bell pepper
- 2 (32 ounce) jars ragu garden vegetable spaghetti sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 16 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese (low-fat)
- 24 ounces sour cream (non-fat)
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 (8 ounce) cans crescent dinner rolls
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1Pre-heat oven to 275 degrees.
- 2Brown beef, onion, bell pepper in olive oil, drain.
- 3Stir in spaghetti sauce and sugar, heat till bubbly.
- 4Combine Mozzarella cheese and sour cream, separately from sauce mixture.
- 5Pour sauce mixture into two ungreased 8x12 baking dishes.
- 6Spoon cheese-sour cream mixture over sauce mixture.
- 7Separate crescent roll dough into rectangles and lay out over cheese-sour cream mixture making sure to cover it completely.
- 8Brush melted butter over dough and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- 9Bake at 375 degrees 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- 10This recipe makes enough for at least 24 people. If you don’t need this much you may cut the recipe in half or freeze the leftovers. It is perfect to take to covered dish get togethers.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Connie's Italian Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (121 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 251.1
- Calories from Fat 140
- Total Fat 15.6 g
- Saturated Fat 7.8 g
- Cholesterol 61.1 mg
- Sodium 295.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 14.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
garden vegetable spaghetti sauce