1/1 Photo of Connie's Famous Potato Salad
1 hr 30 mins
Connie Kuhlman's Note:
I originally learned this recipe from my stepmom. I have added to it over the years and came up with this final creation. Great for parties and as a side dish. Of course you can add or delete to the ingredients as you like.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 -12 hard-boiled eggs (depending on how much you like eggs)
- 8 -10 medium potatoes
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup mustard (yellow, prepared)
- 1 stalk celery (diced small)
- 1/4 cup onion (diced small)
- 1/4 cup green onion (green tips cut into small pieces like you would put on a baked potato)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 8 pieces cooked bacon (crumbled into small pieces)
- 1/8 cup cilantro (diced up into small pieces)
- garlic salt
- seasoning salt
- 1First step should be to peel and boil the potatoes.
- 2Boil the eggs (so eggs are hardboiled).
- 3I have found that using fresh eggs (just bought from grocery store), leaving them out at room temp for about 15 minutes, and putting salt in the water all help to peel them easily when the time comes.
- 4I generally put both potatoes and eggs in a separate pot and put them on med heat for about an hour.
- 5Just test the potatoes.
- 6You don't want them to soft, but the fork should be able to pierce them easily.
- 7While waiting for the potatoes and eggs to cook, I usually prepare my other ingredients.
- 8I cook the bacon, cut up onion and green onion, celery, cilantro.
- 9You can use the bacon pieces and so forth that you get from the grocery store, but I must say that the taste of fresh bacon really adds to the taste.
- 10Once the potatoes and eggs are done, slice the potatoes into bite sized pieces and peel the eggs and cut into pieces as well.
- 11Then add all the other ingredients and stir together.
- 12The salts and pepper is to taste, but what I do is to take the salts and sprinkle them onto the mixture (back and forth) and just sprinkle the pepper on the same way.
- 13I must recommend to use a big bowl and when it comes to mixing it all together, the best way is to put your hands right into it (make sure they are washed and cleaned first) and blend it all together.
- 14Mash it together and blend from the bottom up to the top until the mixture all seems to be the same consistency.
- 15All together including prep time, it takes about 1/2 hours to make, but it is well worth it.
- 16I have had many people tell me this is the best potato salad they have ever had and I should market it.
- 17Hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Connie's Famous Potato Salad
Serving Size: 1 (135 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 178.0
- Calories from Fat 78
- Total Fat 8.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 93.9 mg
- Sodium 227.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 5.8 g