Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a recipe from my husband's family. It is a twist on the classic green bean casserole (much better!), and I've never seen the recipe anyplace before. Hope you enjoy!
- 4 (15 1/2 ounce) cans cut green beans, drained
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 lb Velveeta cheese
- Place drained green beans into a 9x13 casserole dish.
- Mix together cream of mushroom soup and sour cream until well blended. Spread over top of green beans. You can gently mix into the beans, but you don't have to.
- Thinly slice the Velveeta and place over the top of the green beans to cover.
- Crush the crackers in the sleeve, and then sprinkle evenly over the cheese.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
I was a bit disappointed! The cheese stayed at the top like big clumps, even after I cooked it a lot longer. Maybe I will try melting the cheese with the mushroom soup in the microwave first.