Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
From family recipe collection. Contributed by Connie B.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green chili, diced
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 (8 ounce) can refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1 1⁄2 cups monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- Brown ground beef, onion, chilies in large frying pan. Drain.
- Stir in tomato sauce, chili powder and garlic salt. Simmer while preparing dough.
- Separate biscuit dough into 10 biscuits; pull each apart into two layers. Press 10 of the biscuit layers over bottom on ungreased 8 or 9 inch square baking dish. Combine 1/2 cup cheese (reserve remaining cheese for topping), sour cream, and egg. Mix well.
- Remove meat mixture from heat; stir in sour cream mixture. Spoon over dough. Arrange remaining biscuit layers on top. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes or until biscuits are deep golden brown.