Hearty dinner for family and friends. My children love it. I love it because it is fast and easy!
Make and share this Connie Seafood Mix recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb shrimp (cooked)
- 1⁄2 lb scallops (small)
- 1 cup broccoli floret
- 1⁄2 cup baby carrots
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 green peppers or 1 red pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic (approx. 1 tbs each but do a taste on the pepper)
- 1 tablespoon oregano (approx. 1 tbs each but do a taste on the pepper)
- 1 tablespoon pepper (approx. 1 tbs each but do a taste on the pepper)
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil (approx. 1 tbs each but do a taste on the pepper)
- lemon wedges or lemon juice
- spaghetti, # 11 works great
- heat oil in large fry pan, add scallops, cook til opaque. remove from pan and place in bowl.(5 min).
- heat up shrimp in same pan til hot, remove and place in same bowl (3 min).
- simmer onions, green/red pepper in fry pan til tender not mushy (3 min).
- add all back together including veggies,in fry pan and simmer a few minutes to let flavors blend. add spices and stir.
- in kettle, boil carrots and broccoli til tender not mushy. remove and in same water add spagetti to boil. cook til your taste.
- pour seafood and veggie mix over completed pasta and serve.
- I sometimes add butter when cooking the onions to give a sweeter taste.
- This takes me 25 minutes to put on the table. It is a fast favorite for the family.
- Serve with crusty bread and YUM.
Good food; easy to make. What more can you ask. I will admit to tossing in a little extra butter.
Great recipe for after work, quick dinner. I made minor changes-used regular carrots cut into matchsticks, and added a little white wine instead of lemon juice. I also put some shaved Parmesan on top when serving. I found some fresh pasta at the deli called borsetti. It was little "purses" filled with brie and roasted garlic. Went very well with the seafood. This is a keeper for our Friday night dinner ideas (since that is the only weeknight we have dinner together after work.) Thanks for posting this!
Hubby and I really enjoyed this.I sub snap peas enstead of the broccoli as thats all I had