Recipe by Betty Bel
This recipe was passed down from my Grandmother, when my mother and her family lived in India in the 30's and 40's. If you like Toll House Chocolate Chip Cookies you will love this recipe. They are simlar to a blonde brownie with chocolate chips, and nuts.
- 1 lb brown sugar (one box)
- 2⁄3 cup shortening
- 4 eggs
- 2 3⁄4 cups sifted flour
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup nuts, meats
- 10 ounces chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt shortening, add brown sugar, mix well.
- While still hot add eggs one at a time, mix well after each egg. Add sifted dry ingredients, mix well.
- Add nuts, chocolate chips, mix well. Spread
- Mixture out onto greased 12”X17”X1” sheet baking pan. Bake in 350° oven, for 30 minutes.