Recipe by Danielle in New Hampshire
These bars are so yummy,and fairly easy to make. Cashews, walnuts, almond or pecans can be used instead of macadamia nuts.
- 6 cups macadamia nuts
- 1 (1 lb) box graham cracker
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 10 ounces bittersweet chocolate, melted
- 1 1⁄2 cups packed sweetened flaked coconut
- caramel (for cookies)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Spread macadamia nuts on baking sheet.
- Bake until golden brown, about 10 minutes.
- Set baking sheet on a wire rack to cool.
- Line an 11x18-inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- Using a food processor or rolling pin, finely crush graham crackers.
- Place in medium bowl.
- Stir in melted butter Press mixture into bottom of prepared baking pan in an even layer.
- Sprinkle the chocolate over the graham crackers.
- Sprinkle coconut over the chocolate.
- Sprinkle the reserved nuts over the coconut.
- Using a microwave or double boiler, heat the caramel until liquid.
- Drizzle caramel over macadamia nuts.
- Bake until golden, about 20 minutes.
- Transfer pan to a wire rack to cool.
- Cut into pieces.