3 hrs 20 mins
Gwanny Hill's Note:
Wonderfully tasty salad! Not recommended for those on Low Fat diets. I suppose the ingredients could be changed to reflect lower fat options, however.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 envelopes knox unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of asparagus soup
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 (3 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon finely grated onion
- 1 cup sliced stuffed olives
- 1 cup diced celery
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans asparagus spears, drained
- 1/2 cup pecan pieces, toasted
- 1Soften gelatin in cold water or 1/2 cup of the juice drained from the asparagus tips.
- 2Heat undiluted soup to boiling and add gelatin mixture.
- 3Stir to thorougly dissolve gelatin.
- 4Cool to room temperature.
- 5Mix mayonnaise and cream cheese and add to soup mixture.
- 6Add onion, olives, asparagus tips and toasted pecans.
- 7Pour into serving dish and chill until set.
- 8Serve on lettuce leaf.
- 9NOTE: Cooking time refers to chilling time.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Congealed Asparagus Salad
Serving Size: 1 (127 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 250.9
- Calories from Fat 194
- Total Fat 21.6 g
- Saturated Fat 8.3 g
- Cholesterol 39.5 mg
- Sodium 345.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 6.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: