Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Wonderfully tasty salad! Not recommended for those on Low Fat diets. I suppose the ingredients could be changed to reflect lower fat options, however.
- 2 envelopes knox unflavored gelatin
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of asparagus soup
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 (3 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon finely grated onion
- 1 cup sliced stuffed olives
- 1 cup diced celery
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans asparagus spears, drained
- 1⁄2 cup pecan pieces, toasted
- Soften gelatin in cold water or 1/2 cup of the juice drained from the asparagus tips.
- Heat undiluted soup to boiling and add gelatin mixture.
- Stir to thorougly dissolve gelatin.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Mix mayonnaise and cream cheese and add to soup mixture.
- Add onion, olives, asparagus tips and toasted pecans.
- Pour into serving dish and chill until set.
- Serve on lettuce leaf.
- NOTE: Cooking time refers to chilling time.