From TOH slow cooker magazine. Posting for safe keeping. Think you could sub in green chiles for chipotle and peach for the mango. The photo shows it served in bowl. The magazine also suggests optional toppings of unsalted peanuts, shredded Asadero cheese, or/and avocado slices.
- 4.92 ml salt, DIVIDED
- 2.46 ml black pepper, DIVIDED
- 907.18-1360.77 g boneless pork shoulder
- 14.79 ml canola oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and sliced
- 118.29 ml water
- 2 chipotle chiles in adobo, seeded and chopped
- 29.58 ml molasses
- 473.18 ml broccoli coleslaw mix
- 1 mango, peeled and chopped
- 29.58 ml lime juice
- 7.39 ml lime zest
- 6 corn muffins, halved
- Sprinkle 3/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper over roast.
- In large skillet, brown pork in oil on all sides, transfer to 3 or 4 quart crockpot.
- In same skillet, sauté onion until tender, add garlic and cook one minute longer, add water, chipotle, and molasses, stirring to loosen brown bits from pan. Pour over pork.
- Cover and cook on high for 4 to 5 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove meat, cool slightly.
- Skim fat from cooking juices.
- Shred pork and return to crockpot; heat through.
- In a large bowl, combine the broccoli coleslaw mix, mango, lime juice, zest, and remaining 1/4 t salt and 1/4 t black pepper.
- Warm corn muffins and serve with pork, top with coleslaw.