1/1 Photo of Conga Lime Pork in Crock Pot
4 hrs 20 mins
From TOH slow cooker magazine. Posting for safe keeping. Think you could sub in green chiles for chipotle and peach for the mango. The photo shows it served in bowl. The magazine also suggests optional toppings of unsalted peanuts, shredded Asadero cheese, or/and avocado slices.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 teaspoon salt, DIVIDED
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, DIVIDED
- 2 -3 lbs boneless pork shoulder
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 chipotle chiles in adobo, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 2 cups broccoli coleslaw mix
- 1 mango, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lime zest
- 6 corn muffins, halved
- 1Sprinkle 3/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper over roast.
- 2In large skillet, brown pork in oil on all sides, transfer to 3 or 4 quart crockpot.
- 3In same skillet, sauté onion until tender, add garlic and cook one minute longer, add water, chipotle, and molasses, stirring to loosen brown bits from pan. Pour over pork.
- 4Cover and cook on high for 4 to 5 hours or until meat is tender.
- 5Remove meat, cool slightly.
- 6Skim fat from cooking juices.
- 7Shred pork and return to crockpot; heat through.
- 8In a large bowl, combine the broccoli coleslaw mix, mango, lime juice, zest, and remaining 1/4 t salt and 1/4 t black pepper.
- 9Warm corn muffins and serve with pork, top with coleslaw.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Conga Lime Pork in Crock Pot
Serving Size: 1 (328 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 669.0
- Calories from Fat 348
- Total Fat 38.6 g
- Saturated Fat 11.7 g
- Cholesterol 124.6 mg
- Sodium 917.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 17.1 g
- Protein 29.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chipotle chiles in adobo
broccoli coleslaw mix