Recipe by YummySmellsca
A decadent topping for sandwiches made with the best Summer has to offer! It also makes a great pasta "sauce" with torn basil and oregano added in too.
- 16 large plum tomatoes, halved, seeded and peeled
- salt, to taste
- 4.92 ml dried thyme
- 44.37 ml olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 200°F.
- Place the tomatoes, cut side up, in a baking dish and sprinkle with salt and thyme.
- Drizzle evenly with oil.
- Bake, without stirring, for 4 hours. Tomatoes with shrink and get deliciously soft and melty, but will not dry out.
- Pack in a jar covered with a little more oil and store in the fridge up to 1 month.