Recipe by Sherrybeth
This spread is an old standby for church "eatin' meetings" or showers. Fresh veggies give it the wonderful crunch! I've used every bread imaginable to make the sandwiches, including raisin bread. The flavors compliment most breads very well.
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 (8 ounce) cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 cup carrot, grated
- 1⁄2 cup cucumber, peeled and finely diced
- 1⁄2 cup purple onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup yellow bell pepper, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine lemon juice, softened cream cheese and mayonnaise in a medium bowl and mix until very well blended (I used my hand mixer).
- Depending on how you like your spreading consistency, you might wish to add more mayonnaise.
- Add the vegetables and stir by hand until well mixed.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.