Recipe by crazycookinmama
From a Pillsbury Hamburger Cookbooklet. Super good, and quick. Good OAMC recipe too.
- 3 lbs lean ground beef
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 2 (1 1/4 ounce) packages taco seasoning mix
- 4 (15 1/2 ounce) cansdiced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 2 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (1 lb) package frozen corn
- 4 (15 1/2 ounce) cans black beans with cumin and chili powder, undrained
- 4 cups chili cheese-flavored corn chips
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In 8-quart dutch oven, cook ground beef and onions over medium-high heat until beef is thoroughly cooked, stirring frequently. Drain. Stir in taco seasoning mix, tomatoes, tomato sauce and corn. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium; cook 10 to 15 minutes or until corn is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in beans; return to a boil. Reduce heat to medium; cook 10 minutes or until thoroughly heated and flavors are blended, stirring occasionally.
- Serve Or Freeze.
- Spoon 6 cup of the chili into each of four 6-cup freezer/microwave-safe containers. Cool 30 to 45 minutes. Cover; refrigerate up to 3 days or freeze up to 2 months.
- Thaw 1 containier of the chili in refrigerator for 48 hours, or uncover and thaw in microwave on defrost for 30 to 40 minutes.
- To heat refrigerated or thawed chili, cover loosely and microwave on high for 6 to 8 minutes or until thoroughly heated, stirring once or twice. Spoon into 4 individual serving bowls. Sprinkle each serving with about 1/4 cup chips and 2 tablespoons cheese.