Recipe by tamminin
The only way I could get my kids to eat sweet potatoes when they were little. Now they ask for them. I make smaller versions and pack them in their lunchbox to warm up at school.
- 2 1⁄2 cups sweet potatoes, peeled & cubed
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable broth
- 1⁄2 cup onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3⁄4 cup fresh corn kernels (about 2 ears)
- 3⁄4 cup canned black beans, drained and mashed
- 3⁄4 cup refried beans
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro, minced
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 8 flour tortillas
- sour cream (to garnish)
- salsa (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine sweet potatoe and brothe in a large nonstick skillet. Bring to a simmer over medium low heat, cover and cook for 7 minutes or until tender.
- Add onion and garlic and cook 2 minutes.
- Add corn, black beans, bell pepper, cilantro and lime juice and simmer, uncovered for 6 minutes.
- Combine sweet potato mixture and refried beans.
- Spoon about 1/2 c mixture down the center of each tortilla and fold burrito style.
- Place burritos in a baking dish, cover and bake for 15 minutes.