Recipe by Mims & Squims
I was shocked to find that brown rice spaghetti tastes just like the real thing----without the gluten!
- 12 ounces brown rice spaghetti
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground turkey breast
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon fresh garlic, minced
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic pepper seasoning
- 3⁄4 cup low-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cook spaghetti & drain.
- In skillet, cook meat, red & green peppers, carrot, & onion, and drain.
- Stir in tomatoes, tomato sauce, garlic, all seasonings, & sugar.
- Add spaghetti to mixture.
- Transfer to 13x9x2 baking dish.
- Cover & bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven & add cheese to top of mixture.
- Bake uncovered 5 more minutes.