Recipe by Dotty2
I love this recipe for potlucks or to make ahead for that trip to the cottage. It has a wonderful blend of flavors. The recipe came from Taste Of home. A real winner
Top Review by flower7
I thought this was nice. I cut it in half and had 4 servings (not 6). I thought it was a *little* dry - I might use a full 8 oz tomato sauce for a half recipe next time and up the spices a bit but otherwise wouldn't change anything. I used yellow and red bell pepper as I dislike green pepper. I used an 8x8 pan for half recipe and used 2 oz (1/2 cup) cheese - could have used more for my taste but that was all I had. Will make again with minor changes. Thanks for sharing!
- 1 (12 ounce) package spaghetti
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet cook beef,green pepper and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Drain.
- Stir in the tomatoes, tomato sauce, brown sugar, salt, chili powder, pepper, garlic powder, and cayenne.
- Drain spaghetti;add to the beef mixture.
- Transfer to a greased 13x9 baking dish.
- Cover and bake at 350°F for 30 minutes.
- Uncover; sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.