Prep 45 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Tried this recipe given to me by a friend, and it was a smash hit. Skewered as an appetizer, or served as an entree, this has style and sass. Give it overnight to let the flavors get friendly.
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 3 lbs large shrimp (30-39 count)
- 12 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice (about 1 lemon)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (about 1 1/2 limes)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons chinese hot red chili oil
- 2 (12 ounce) jars roasted red peppers packed in oil, drained and minced
- 2 medium yellow bell peppers, minced small
- 2 medium orange peppers, minced small
- 1 cup scallion, minced
- In a latge heavy skillet, heat tablespoons of the olive oil over medium-high flame. Add the shrimp and cook, turning once, 3 to 5 until firm and opaque. Remove the shrimp from the pan and set aside in a large bowl.
- In the same skillet, saute the garlic and ginger until soft, about 3 minutes. Scrape the garlic and ginger out of the skillet into a small bowl and mix in the remaining 6 tablespoos of olive oil, the lemon and llime juices, the salt and the chili oil. Pour the mixture over the shrimp and cover tightly, and let sit overnight in the refrigerator.
- before serving, fold in the peppers and scallions. Serve with skewers for cocktails or over rice or lettuce, for dinner.
- Cooking time refers to chilling time,.