Recipe by Trisha W
Because this uses frozen hashbrowns it cuts down on preparation time. I certainly have my times when I have a minimal amount of time and energy for cooking, as much as I enjoy it.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen hash browns
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can milk
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded (1 cup)
- 1 small green pepper, cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons pimiento, chopped
- pepper, to taste
- 1 cup cheese cracker crumb, divided
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small skillet, melt butter over medium heat.
- Saute onion until tender.
- Stir in potatoes, soup and milk.
- Add cheese, green pepper, pimiento, pepper and half of crumbs.
- Pour into a greased shallow casserole dish and top with remaining crumbs.
- Bake at 375* for 35-40 minutes.