Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Everyone loves cheesy hashbrown casserole, right? The cheese crackers inside and on top push this one over the edge!
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 16 -20 ounces chunk-style frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper, to taste
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1 small green bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons chopped pimiento (drained)
- 1 1⁄4 cups crumbled cheese crackers, divided (i.e., cheese-its, cheese nips, etc.)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease an 11x7" or 9x13" pan and set aside.
- In a medium skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Saute onion until tender, about five minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine soup and milk. Add potatoes, onions, cheese, peppers, pimentos, salt and pepper, and 1/2 cup of the cracker crumbs.
- Pour potato mix into bowl, then top with remaining cracker crumbs. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until bubbling.