Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This salsa is sooo colorful...and uses a wide variety of peppers. It is a bit sweeter than most. Enjoy!
- 10 cups tomatoes, peeled,diced and drained
- 2 yellow sweet peppers, coarsely chopped
- 2 green sweet peppers, coarsely chopped
- 1 sweet red pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 orange sweet bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 2 large Spanish onions, coarsely chopped
- 5 hot peppers, seeded and finely chopped (Add more if you wish it hotter =0 !!)
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons canning salt
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 2 (12 ounce) cans tomato paste
- Place ingredients in a large heavy bottomed pot and cook for 10 minutes until mixture is very hot.
- Pack in hot pint jars.
- Place in water bath for 10 minutes.