Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a nice refreshing salad for summertime from Bon Appetit.
- 1 English cucumber, chopped
- 16 ounces baby peas, thawed
- 2 bunches radishes, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, finely chopped
- ranch salad dressing
- Combine all vegetables in large bowl. (Can be prepared 4 hours ahead. Cover and refrigerate.)
- Toss salad with enough Ranch Dressing to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve.
This was light, tasty and refreshing! Will be making often during the Summer months! Thanks lazyme!
Nice and refreshing with our Easter ham. I didn't have radishes so made it without. Even DH liked this and this type of salad isn't normally what he likes.
There used to be a tea room where I live that served this on their menu. I was delighted to find the recipe. I added some green peppers and held off a bit on the onions(to avoid "onion breath") to mine. I substituted mayo, sour cream and some packaged dry ranch mix for the dressing. I think it's important to note: *It does not take a whole lot of dressing because the water from the veggies makes it kind of soupy if you use too much. This is a nice light, low fat, low calorie salad. I will be making it once a week during grilling season.