I received this recipe from my mom's friend, Paula. I bring it to a lot of pot lucks, and I always get requests for the recipe. Cucumber should be European kind. You can use yellow pepper instead of orange, and other beans instead of the cannellini. Cooking time=min marinating time I use fresh dill. Seasoned salt is to taste - there was no measurement in the recipe, so I guessed 1tsp. Also, when I first tried this salad, I believe it had white wine or rice wine vinegar - the taste was subtle, not as strong as cider vinegar. DO NOT use olive oil.
- 1⁄2 medium seedless European cucumber
- 3⁄4 medium red pepper
- 1⁄2 cup yellow pepper (or orange)
- 1⁄2 cup vidalia onions or 1⁄2 cup sweet onion
- 1 1⁄2 cups grape tomatoes (or cherry)
- 10 ounces canned cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 celery rib
- 1⁄3 cup vinegar (rice or white wine or cider)
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon Lawry's Seasoned Salt
- 2 teaspoons dried dill weed
- Dice all vegetables, and halve cherry (or grape) tomatoes. Cover with dressing.
- Mix all ingredients together until well blended. Pour over Confetti Salad. Marinate for 2 hours to overnight.