Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is so good! You'd never expect a combo like this to be a hit with kids, but maybe the colors get them to try it. Anyway, it's always a hit at our house, and you can add or subtract different types of veggies according to what you have on hand. This is a favorite on the Thanksgiving table, and since the oven is so full, I usually bake this in a shallow dish. I've even baked it too long; it's very forgiving. Texture is best when baked 45 minutes to an hour, and eaten that day. Reheating can make the little cubes a tad mushy, but still tasty.
- Peel and take tops off each vegetable.
- Dice each veggie into very small cubes, about 1/4 inch or smaller.
- Tumble into stoneware baker or small casserole dish; add balsamic vinegar and olive oil and stir to coat all pieces well.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast uncovered 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until vegetables are just fork-tender.
- Serve right from baker -- no garnish needed.
Never had these root vegetables before - it was great. Made with pan roasted salmon and rice. Kids even liked it!
This best root vegetabe recipe I ever tried. All my grandchildren ranging from 8 years to 26 years just love it