Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
The milk and cheese make this creamy, and the vegetables give it a variety of colors.
- 6 ounces sharp American cheese or 6 ounces swiss cheese, in 1/2 inch cubes
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, sliced
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 10 ounces frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Heat cheese and milk over low heat about 5 minutes, stirring constantly, until cheese is melted.
- Reserve 3-5 egg slices for garnish.
- Stir remaining eggs and all other ingredients into cheese sauce.
- Pour into a 11x7 baking dish.
- Bake uncovered 25-30 minutes at 350°F until hot and bubbly.
- Garnish with remaining egg slices.