Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a compilation of a couple of recipes I have made over the years. Has a little of everything and is almost a meal in itself. Makes a huge batch, so half it for a smaller group.
- 1 lb macaroni, cooked, drained & cooled
- 1 cup finely chopped cucumber
- 1 cup finely chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1⁄3 cup chopped carrot
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed (not cooked)
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups cheese, crumbles or 1 1⁄2-2 cups finely diced cheese
- 8 ounces diced ham
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- salt and black pepper
- 8 ounces Italian dressing
- Mix macaroni, veggies, cheese crumbles & ham.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper & parmesan.
- Pour dressing over top. Mix well.
- Refrigerate several hours or overnight.
Very good base recipe. I ate it as a meal, but it would be great as a side dish. I subbed celery for green pepper, as that's what I had and omitted the green onion because I didn't have any. I would have preferred a higher vegetable to pasta ratio, so if I make this again (I probably will) I will increase the amounts. Also, I used whole wheat pasta, so it took a bit more of the Italian dressing. Thanks for posting!