This is from my 365 Pasta Recipes cookbook, but I changed the original recipe quite a bit. Food should be attractive and this dish is really pretty and colorful. And easy to make! Cut the veggies really tiny. This is a great dish for work lunches because it is good hot or cold.
- 1 1⁄2 cups orzo pasta (or other small pasta shape)
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil (I use a lot less)
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 carrot, diced finely
- 1 1⁄4 cups bell peppers (red, green and yellow)
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, diced (about 1/2 small onion)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Cook orzo in plenty of boiling water until tender, 10-12 minutes. Drain.
- Whisk oil, lemon juice, zest, salt, pepper, and garlic until blended.
- Toss all of the ingredients together. Serve hot or cold.