Recipe by dicentra
This is from my 365 Pasta Recipes cookbook, but I changed the original recipe quite a bit. Food should be attractive and this dish is really pretty and colorful. And easy to make! Cut the veggies really tiny. This is a great dish for work lunches because it is good hot or cold.
Top Review by ummrabiah
Everybody that I have made this for like this. I've made this a couple of times already with different types of pasta. One time I added in some olives and shredded chicken for protein,another time tomatoes. I always use less oil than called for, maybe 1/8 of a cup.
- 1 1⁄2 cups orzo pasta (or other small pasta shape)
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil (I use a lot less)
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 carrot, diced finely
- 1 1⁄4 cups bell peppers (red, green and yellow)
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, diced (about 1/2 small onion)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped