Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
- 2 1⁄2 lbs russet potatoes, pared and cooked
- 1⁄3 cup low-fat milk, hot but not boiling
- 1⁄4 cup carrot, finely diced
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1 ounce butter or 1 ounce margarine
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground pepper
- Mash potatoes and milk with a mixer while still hot.
- Steam carrots and onion until crisp-tender.
- Add to mashed potatoes with parsley, butter, mayonnaise, salt and pepper; mix well.
- Serve 1/3 cup per portion.
Wonderful flavor and pleasing textural contrasts. Colorful way to get your veggies. Bet you could get kids to eat carrots this way. Skipped the butter and didn't miss it a bit.