Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
I was trying to find a way to incorporate more protein into one of my favorites, macaroni salad. This one did the trick! Adjust the salt and pepper amounts to suit your taste.
- 10 ounces elbow macaroni
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and diced
- 5 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 1⁄2 green pepper, diced
- 20 pepperoni slices, halved
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Mrs. Dash seasoning mix
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook the macaroni as directed until *just* done.
- Drain and rinse with cool water.
- Combine the cheese, eggs, pepperoni, bacon and vegetables in a medium sized bowl.
- Add the well-drained macaroni, the Mrs. Dash seasoning and the mayonnaise.
- Mix lightly to coat the macaroni.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Let set in the fridge at least one hour to let the flavors mingle.
This was good; however, I didn't have Mrs. Dash seasoning. I feel like it needed more mayo because it was kind of dry. I may try again and add some Italian dressing to keep it moist.