Recipe by Hippie2MARS
I was trying to find a way to incorporate more protein into one of my favorites, macaroni salad. This one did the trick! Adjust the salt and pepper amounts to suit your taste.
Top Review by sbera007
This was good; however, I didn't have Mrs. Dash seasoning. I feel like it needed more mayo because it was kind of dry. I may try again and add some Italian dressing to keep it moist.
- 10 ounces elbow macaroni
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and diced
- 5 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 1⁄2 green pepper, diced
- 20 pepperoni slices, halved
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Mrs. Dash seasoning mix
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the macaroni as directed until *just* done.
- Drain and rinse with cool water.
- Combine the cheese, eggs, pepperoni, bacon and vegetables in a medium sized bowl.
- Add the well-drained macaroni, the Mrs. Dash seasoning and the mayonnaise.
- Mix lightly to coat the macaroni.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Let set in the fridge at least one hour to let the flavors mingle.