Recipe by Sky Valley Cook
This pretty dish has a lot of flavor, and is perfect for brunch. From the Pillsbury Party Cookbook. The original recipe called for "light" ingredients, but we like a lot of flavor, so we use non-light ingredients!
Top Review by strangemk ; )
I made this in a 13x9 dish. I essentially doubled each ingredient, except for the spinach (only used 1 box), and used only 10 eggs. Since I wanted to use up the whole box of sliced mushrooms, I put another layer on top of the pimientos and green onions. And it took 60-70 minutes for this size pan to cook.
This is a delicious casserole. I took it to church and people liked it, even if they didn't like mushrooms or spinach. Delicious! Definitely worth repeating!
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 (9 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1⁄2 lb ground sausage, cooked
- 1 cup sliced mushroom
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 1 (2 ounce) jarsliced pimiento, drained
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄2 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray 8 inch (1 1/2 quart) square baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Layer Cheddar cheese, spinach, sausage, mushrooms, onions and pimiento in baking dish.
- Mix eggs and half and half until blended.
- Pour egg mixture evenly over ingredients in baking dish.
- Evenly sprinkle Swiss cheese and paprika over dish.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until knife inserted comes out clean.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.