Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This cucumber salad is lower in fat than the one that I grew up with, but it's packed with flavor. Very good during the summer on a hot day on the side of pretty much anything you could possibly want to eat. A cook out must.
- 2 large cucumbers, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 59.14 ml garlic, minced
- 9.85 ml olive oil
- 44.37 ml vinegar
- 14.78 ml sugar
- 29.58-44.37 ml sweet chili sauce (or to taste)
- 118.29 ml peanuts, chopped (optional)
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry the garlic over medium heat until crispy, set aside to cool.
- Mix the vinegar and sugar together.
- In a bowl, toss together the chopped onion, bell pepper, and cucumbers.
- Pour the vinegar/sugar mixture and the chili sauce over the salad and toss.
- Add the cooled garlic and toss.
- Upon serving, sprinkle the chopped peanuts over the salad
I am always trying different salads that are not a lettuce salad and this was very good. I had to use a green pepper, as the grocery store had no yellow ones in stock and I did not use the peanuts. Will definitely make this again.
This was wonderful...a lovely twist to an old favorite! I added splenda instead of sugar and omitted the peanuts....so yummy!