Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This great little recipe was found in Debbie Macomber's Cedar Cove Cookbook, 2009.
Make and share this Confetti Crab Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mustard
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb lump crabmeat, precooked
- 1 small red bell pepper, diced small
- 8 large lettuce leaves
- 1 small yellow bell pepper, diced small
- 1 avocado, peeled & diced (optional)
- In a large bowl whisk together the mayonnaise, lemon juice, mustard, scallions, all the herbs, salt & pepper until blended.
- Fold in crabmeat, then the bell peppers (& avocado, if using).
- Season with additional salt & pepper, if needed.
- Lay 2 lettuce leaves on each of 4 salad plates & divide the crab salad accordingly ~ Enjoy!
Wow! If I was served this salad in an upscale seafood restaurant, I would be perfectly happy! I used a Dungeness crab, and substituted orange bell pepper for the red, and skipped the avocado, as I don't care for it. The dressing was a perfect match for the delicate, sweet flavor of the crab; the dill and tarragon added a nice, herbal note without overpowering the crab itself. The peppers added a nice crunch, as well as a complimentary sweet flavor. This was easy enough to make for a Saturday lunch, yet elegant enough to serve at a dinner party. Thanks so much for sharing this one!