Recipe by Anna P.
This bread with be great with chili, or stew. Even great to take on a picnic. Enjoy
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine, melted
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper (optional)
- 1 (12 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1⁄2 cup grated cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 425°F.
- Grease 9" square pan.
- Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup; level off.
- In medium bowl, combine flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, salt and dry mustard.
- Stir in milk, butter and eggs.
- Add onion, green pepper, red pepper and corn; stir until mixed.
- Spoon batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Immediately after removing from oven, top with grated cheese, if desired.
- Serve warm.
- Store tightly covered in refrigerator.