Recipe by ChefDLH
Another great one from Ina Garten. This is from her Back to Basics cookbook from 2008. Perfect when you have tons of corn when it is in season and want a colorful and flavorful dish to accompany any meal really. Perfect at bbqs, cookouts, everyday dinners and get togethers. Enjoy! ChefDLH
Top Review by mama smurf
This was a simple and easy side dish which I served with Recipe#33671#33671 and potatoes. I cut the recipe in half and used frozen corn and added some (about 1 1/2 Tbls.) of cream. Other than that I followed the recipe completely. One I will definately make again. Thank you. Made for New Kids on the Block Tag Game 2010.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 small orange bell pepper, 1/2-inch diced
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 cups corn (Fresh kernels cut from 5 ears yellow or white corn)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons julienned fresh basil (or all 3) or 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives (or all 3) or 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley leaves (or all 3)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a large saute pan. Add the onion and saute for 5 minutes, until the onion is soft. Stir in the bell pepper and saute for 2 more minutes.
- Add the butter to the pan and allow it to melt. Over medium heat, add the corn, salt, and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 to 7 minutes, until the corn just loses its starchiness. Season to taste, gently stir in the basil or other green herbs, and serve hot.